Brazil Resources Files Amended Technical Report
October 3, 2013
Vancouver, British Columbia – October 3, 2013 – Brazil Resources Inc. (TSX-V: BRI; OTCQX: BRIZF) (the "Company" or "Brazil Resources") announces that it has filed an amended National Instrument 43-101 ("NI 43-101") technical report (the "Amended Report") respecting its Cachoeira Project located in the Pará State, Brazil. The amendments do not affect the resource calculations set forth in the original technical report for the project.
The Amended Report includes, among other things, the following additional information:
- further information and clarification as to how the qualified person determined the reasonable prospects of economic extraction and the methodology and model utilized by the qualified person in the resource estimate;
- an explanation of the differences in methodology and assumptions used to that of the technical report dated July 19, 2012 on the Cachoeira Project prepared for the Company by Roscoe Postle Associates Inc. As no additional material exploration work was completed in the period between the two reports, such differences are the primary reason for the increased resource calculations under the more recent Amended Report;
- additional information respecting prior estimates referenced therein in accordance with NI 43-101;
- additional clarification respecting the treatment of previously mined areas in the resource estimate;
- additional tables providing representative drill results and assay descriptive statistics;
- an expanded summary and interpretation of historic drilling and sampling results;
- additional summary descriptions of historical mineral processing metallurgical tests carried out on material from the Cachoeira Project; and
- an expanded summary of drilling and core-handling procedures previously undertaken.
For further information, please refer to the full text of the Amended Report, a copy of which is available under the Company's profile at www.sedar.com.
The Amended Report was prepared for the Company by Tetra Tech, Inc., is titled "Technical Report and Resource Estimate on the Cachoeira Property, Pará State, Brazil", has an effective date of April 17, 2013 and was amended and restated as of October 2, 2013. The Amended Report amends and restates the technical report of the Company dated April 17, 2013 with the same title.
The author of the report, Greg Mosher, M.Sc. P.Geo, is a qualified person within the meaning of NI 43-101 and a Senior Geologist with Tetra Tech, Inc., is independent of the Company as defined under NI 43-101, and has reviewed the contents of this news release. Paulo Pereira, the Company's Vice President of Exploration, has reviewed and approved the technical information contained in this document. Mr. Pereira holds a Bachelor degree in Geology from Universidad Do Amazonas in Brazil, is a qualified person as defined in NI 43-101 and is a member of the Association of Professional Geoscientists of Ontario.
About Brazil Resources Inc.
Brazil Resources is a public mineral exploration company with a focus on the acquisition and development of projects in emerging producing gold districts in Brazil, Paraguay and other parts of South America. Currently, Brazil Resources is advancing its Cachoeira , Montes Áureos and Trinta Gold Projects located in the Gurupi Gold Belt in the state of Maranhão, northeastern Brazil, and its Artulandia Copper-Gold Project in central Brazil.
For additional information, please contact:
Stephen Swatton or Patrick Obara
Telephone: (855) 630-1001
E-mail: [email protected]
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this news release.